We’re heading to my hometown for this weekend so don’t expect any posts until next week. I may have time to squeeze a couple in but I can’t guarantee…
We’re going to Six Flags with Tyler’s little brother and sister (we’re so excited!) while my mom and Tyler’s mom watch Olive. Tyler and I used to have season passes to Six Flags. We miss it a bunch! We’ll also be going to my dad’s family’s annual family picnic which will include many more introductions to Olive.We’re going to a Cubs game and showing Olive around Chicago. And then we’re be driving back to MN.
Guess what we’ll be driving home in?
Our new silver 2002 VW Golf! Yippie! We got it today and its so cute! :) The couple that we bought it from seemed so neat and had the most wonderful home that the father designed and built many years ago. I would love to grow up and be just like them. They took wonderful care of the car and only put 66,000 miles on it. After listing it for sale the “check engine” light unfortunately turned on which resulted in the car getting a new water pump as well as a timing belt and a few other things while they were in there. He did all of these repairs before selling it to us – how nice! :) The drivetrain is also warrantied until 100,000 miles. Neat! Aaaand he said to give them a call if the car gives us any trouble in the near future.
What kind of car do you have? This is my first non-Ford car and I’m excited to see how it goes!
Finally! Another Friday Fancies! :)
I’m keeping it simple this week because what Tyler & I currently fancy is pretty simple. We have yet to find a new (used) car, you see. We’ve looked and we can just can’t seem to find what we want within our budget (which is rather small). There is another prospect that we’re going to view tonight. It’s more than we want to spend but it’s well taken care of, has low miles, and is only being sold because the owner can no longer drive due to a handicap. Is it bad that I want to buy it from him because I feel bad that he can no longer drive due to some unfortunate circumstance? Because that’s kind of why I want to buy it. Though buying it would involve another small loan from my dad. Bah.
Here it is…. a 2002 VW Golf!
It doesn’t have to be a 2002, but we’ve seen a lot of them around. It doesn’t have to be blue. It must have cruise control and 4 doors. A sunroof would be wonderful. Manual and diesel would be even better!
This is what we fancy on this fine Friday. Hopefully we’ll find one before our trip to Illinois next weekend – it’d be nice to have our own vehicle rather than needing to rent one again. Especially because our trip will be cut short by a day if we rent!
What do you fancy this Friday? Anything neat??
We need a new (used) car. And I’m asking you for help.
Our car had a great run. It’s been many places. It’s seen many things. I’ve added over 100,000 miles to it! But it just can’t take it anymore.
We need something… as soon as possible. We’d love a wagon. Nothing too curvy. Maybe something kind of boxy? We need something inexpensive. Something that runs and isn’t about to fall apart. Something with a warranty would make me feel better. Something perfect for a lady, her husband, their baby, and their pup.
Can you help us out, great big world? Anyone have any ideas? Are you selling a car that I want?
me & my carless family.
Maybe this will be a new Tuesday thing. My ups & downs. I’ll start with downs so we can end on a good note.
* Our car is leaking transmission fluid.
* Tomorrow morning I need to call around, pick out a place to have the car taken, call a tow truck, and cross my fingers that it gets fixed.
* We potentially need to rent a car to get to Olive’s baby shower that’s in Iowa on Saturday.
* I don’t like to talk about money. It makes me feel weird.
* Talking about money leads to other down thoughts such as: why did we buy this house? I wish I didn’t have this house. Why is this house in Minneapolis? And so on.
* I found a barely used lens on craiglist that I really really want. But it’s too expensive. Oh, there’s that money thing again.
* Our pup sheds too much this time of year – it makes me want to cry, scream, and send her to a distant relative’s home for approximately one month.
* I keep trying to make cookies but it keeps not happening.
* I’ve been really bad at reading blogs so far this week. And I’m behind on posting on my own.
* We’re not crazy about our car so maybe we could get a new one?
* Olive is having a baby shower on Saturday – or maybe a welcome Olive shower? What’s it called after the baby has arrived?
* We might get to rent a car for the weekend.
* The weather is nice.
* I won a store credit to Along for the Ride @ etsy on Much Love Illy’s blog today. At least my day started off lovely! I’ve decided to get some of these:
I’m really excited.
* Olive is cute.